Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lake Powell Adventure

Okay. So, a few weeks ago we went on a trip to Lake Powell. Our first time to be exact!
This is the sign for the visitors center of Lake Powell Dam. Below is Jake climbing back on the tube after he had fallen off it.
Below is dad driving the boat. SUCH a beautiful place!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's cute Will, our little cutie in the family. Cool boat, huh?

And here is Rainbow Bridge, a cool rock formation. Now, the rest of the story doesn't have any pictures, but here it goes. *this story is true*
So, we were on the boat. very close to the dock, and a few minutes later, me and mom were off the boat and walking up the ramp. As soon as we were at the top, mom was saying "Now this can't be the right ramp..." Then we were all over the place searching for the right ramp. Then we went and got BACK on the boat because mom figured out that the right ramp was about a mile and a half away. As we drove over, it started raining and the water started to churn, and water was splashing over the front of the boat! We got let off and me and mom started running up. We found the car, and we got in. We drove back to the ramp as fast as we could, backed the car down and mom put it in PARK. Now, dad was driving over to the car with Will and Jake in the boat with him. Then mom said "Ben, grab that hook. We're gonna get that boat hooked up." WHAT?!?! Dad tried three times, but he couldn't do it because of the waves. Then dad yelled "Heather, move the car over a little!" Mom told me to get in the car, and we moved a little. Then, when I opened the door and I got out the water was up to my waist! "Ben, come get the hook! Hurry!" By this time it was dark and very windy. I grabbed the hook and after dad tried two times he got the boat on the trailer. But that wasn't the end. I still had to hook up the boat. I hooked the boat up with one hook, but mom gave me one more. "Hook this up to the same notch!" I hooked it up and me and mom got in the car and drove up the hill. Now here's the thing: I had NEVER hooked a boat onto a trailer before, so I had no experience. Until now. And I still did it.
THE END.

3 comments:

me and the boys said...

I can vouch that this story is totally true, but you also forgot to mention that when we were trying to get the boat onto the trailer that by that time it was dark and VERY windy. You were a huge help, especially for a first timer!! ;) You wrote a great story about it. Love you, Mom

me and the boys said...

thanks, mom!

Grandpa and Grandma Peel said...

Ben, very good reporting on your experience hooking up the boat. Also, it doesn't sound like you were nervous doing the job. Kudos! Good to know you and the family had a good trip.